the Endless Expanse of Kyushu’s Alluring Landscapes
which operates on a 3,000-km-long railroad that connects Kyushu’s seven prefectures.
The island’s diverse nature, histories, and cultures that vary according to each region,
as well as the smiling faces of the locals living along the routes,
are only some of the highlights that you can see from the train.
Framed in our panoramic windows, these once-in-a-lifetime sights will always have a special place in your heart.
Enjoy the endless expanse of Kyushu’s landscapes to your heart’s content.
Please experience the Kyushu region that we want to convey to the future.
*The itinerary may be changed.
After leaving Hakata Station, you will get a feeling of the peaceful rural scenery from the train windows as you head to Yufuin, your first stop.
You will be able to feel your heart relax in the somewhat nostalgic atmosphere, surrounded by nature and the atmospheric townscapes.
- Yufuin town walkMORE
The second day starts from Aso Station. On an outdoor excursion, it is possible to experience the Hosokawa-ryu Bonseki, a part of the Hosokawa culture. Customers who choose to stay onboard the train will go to Kumamoto on the Seven Stars via the Tateno switchback. For lunch, please enjoy a special lunch at the Taisho-ji Temple, the family temple of the Hosokawa clan, the lords of the Kumamoto Domain. After that, you will cross the Ariake Sea by ferry and go to Unzen Shimabara.
Western Kyushu, blessed with the energy of the earth and a rich food culture The second half of the trip is to Western Kyushu. For the lunch eaten on the Shimabara Peninsula, you will visit a restaurant that expresses local stories in its cuisine. The dinner onboard the "Seven Stars" features Shippoku cuisine, which represents the Wakaran culture of Nagasaki, and hospitality from the Kenban geisha. You can experience the food, nature, history and culture unique to western Kyushu.
On the fourth day, we will slowly go down the Nippo Main Line from Kokura. On the Kunisaki Peninsula, you will experience the rich circulation-type agriculture made possible by the sawtooth oak trees. In the last part of the journey, you will return to views of Mt. Yufu on the Kyudai Main Line. You will recall your memories of the four-day journey as the scenes flow past the train windows on your way to Hakata Station, which is the last station of your trip and a new starting point for your life.
- Trip schedule / travel route
- Timetable / route
- 3-Night 4-Day Journey to
Savor Kyushu’s Bountiful Cuisine
Our skilled chefs from all over Kyushu spend time and effort themselves to cook the seasonal ingredients,
which have been grown with love by carefully selected farmers.
Enjoy the luxurious cuisine, which includes Japanese, French, local and Italian cuisine.
- Ishidobashi Shiratsugu
- The rich seasonal taste of ingredients carefully selected from the fresh foods of Hakata, the coloring of the changing seasons, and the beauty of the meticulous cuisine. Staff will serve you wholeheartedly so that you can enjoy the deliciousness with your five senses. (Lunch)
- La Verveine
- La Verveine is a French restaurant located in Yufuin, Oita Prefecture. It uses local ingredients for dishes that will make your mind and body healthy and enable you to eat with peace of mind. The cuisine will be served with the hope that you will eat the delicious food and be revitalized. (Dinner)
- olmo coppia
- This is an organic restaurant in a renovated 160 year old storage house near Aso Station. It is well known for its dishes that are warm and good for both body and soul. On the Seven Stars, the restaurant "Kasei" at Aso Station will serve safe and heartwarming homemade dishes using organic ingredients, with a focus on homegrown vegetables and organic vegetables grown in open fields that are delivered from Minami-Aso. (Breakfast)
- Ai Hosokawa
- Born in Okayama Prefecture. Developed her culinary skills and sensibilities in Italy. She moved to Kumamoto and offers simple yet flavorful dishes that bring out the flavor of the local ingredients with oil and salt, which you can enjoy at the site of the Taisho-ji Temple, where the history of the Hosokawa clan is still alive. (Lunch)
- The "Satohama Gastronomy" can only be enjoyed on the Shimabara Peninsula, where the chef was born and raised.
Through the food, you can feel the stories created by the nature of Shimabara, which are stories that can only be told by Chef Inoue, who knows the place well. (Lunch)
- Vill a del nido
- Ingredients from the rich land of Unzen have been made by producers who have nurtured them with care and sincerity. Chef Yoshida expresses the feelings of those producers with his dishes.
You can enjoy the delicate and gentle tastes that reveal the chef's personality. (Lunch)
- Unzen Fukudaya "Kofuku"
- The aroma of flowers, soil and vegetables that floats in the fields of Mr. Masatoshi Iwasaki, a seed harvesting farmer. The original taste of vegetables that are overflowing with vitality is brought to a higher level by the cooking of Executive Chef Kusano. (Lunch)
- Shiseki Ryotei Kagetsu
- The history of Kagetsu begins in 1642. Shippoku Cuisine is a traditional cuisine of Nagasaki, which has a unique Wakaran culture because even during the period of national isolation, Nagasaki remained connected to parts of the world including Portugal, the Netherlands and China. You can enjoy a meal that combines the tradition of Kagetsu with the Seven Stars. (Dinner)
- Seven Stars Head Chef
- The head chef on the Seven Stars makes use of ingredients that have been grown in the bountiful nature of Kyushu and locally processed foods that are filled with the wishes of the producers.
Please enjoy the delicious breakfast prepared for travelers by the head chef, who has spent many years with guests on the Seven Stars. (Breakfast)
- This famous establishment has been in business for 30 years, and started with hopes to spread “Kyoto-style” bento hospitality in the Oita area. From the grains of rice to the vegetables used in the bento box, much effort has been made in using local Oita ingredients. Guests are sure to enjoy a specially prepared Seven Stars boxed bento.