- Additional suspension of Seven Stars in Kyushu services (added Apr 20)
April 20th 2020
Kyushu Railway Company
To prevent the further spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Kyushu Railway Company made the decision to extend the suspension period of the Seven Stars in Kyushu up to the June 27th departure. Therefore, the following 11 services are to be suspended.
This difficult decision was made based on the current situation in Japan. Operations are scheduled to resume from the July 14th departure.
We sincerely hope that the guests who were scheduled to board the train, and the locals who have been supporting the Seven Stars can understand the reasons behind our decision.
Additional suspended services: 11 runs in total (May and June)
1) 4 Days 3 Nights Journey: May 26th, June 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd 2020 departures (Tue-Fri).
2) 2 Days 1 Night Journey: May 23rd, 30th, June 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th 2020 departures (Sat-Sun).
* The other suspended runs up to the May 19th departure were announced previously.
* The period between June 30th and July 12th are scheduled no-run dates for maintenance.
* In preparation for the resumption of regular services, please note that the train may operate during this period for training purposes.
Scheduled resumption of services:
1) 4 Days 3 Nights Journey: July 14th (Tue) departure
2) 2 Days 1 Night Journey: July 18th (Sat) departure
*The dates for scheduled resumption are subject to change based on the situation at the time.