- Additional suspension of Seven Stars in Kyushu services (added Mar 31)
March 31st 2020
Kyushu Railway Company
To prevent the further spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Kyushu Railway Company made the decision to cancel all runs of the Seven Stars in Kyushu up to the April 14th departure. In addition, the following 10 services are also to be suspended, up until and including the May 19th departure.
With wishes to place priority on safely welcoming our guests, Kyushu Railway Company has made the decision to extend the suspension of services. This difficult decision was made based on the current situation in Japan, analysis on the immediate future, and the measures outlined in the Basic Policies for Novel Coronavirus Disease Control by the Japanese Government.
We sincerely hope that the guests who were scheduled to board the train, and the locals who have been supporting the Seven Stars can understand the reasons behind our decision.
Additional suspended services: 10 runs in total (April and May).
(1) 4 Days 3 Nights Journey: April 21st, 28th, May 5th, 12th, 19th 2020 departures (Tue-Fri).
(2) 2 Days 1 Night Journey: April 18th, 25th, May 2nd, 9th, 16th 2020 departures (Sat-Sun).
* Please note that the train will operate for training purposes on the May 19th departure (4D3N) in preparation of starting regular operations.
Scheduled resumption of services
1) 4 Days 3 Nights Journey: May 26th (Tue) departure
2) 2 Days 1 Night Journey: May 23rd (Sat) departure
*The dates for scheduled resumption are subject to change based on the situation at the time.