Applications have closed for the fourth round of departures on the Cruise Train, Seven Stars in Kyushu. The fourth round is departures between August and November 2014. These all start and finish at Hakata station, Fukuoka.
Applications closed on the 28th of February 2014.
Applications for December 2014 and beyond are scheduled to open from June 2014.
4 Days and 3 Nights Course (Tuesday departure)
August 26th 2014
September 9th, 30th 2014
October 14th, 28th 2014
November 4th, 25th 2014
2 Days and 1 Night Course (Saturday departure)
September 6th, 13th, 27th 2014
October 4th, 18th 2014
November 8th, 15th 2014
・There are no dates planned by JR Kyushu in July 2014.
・Please be aware that for the 4 Days 3 Night Course, passengers will spend the first and third nights on the train, and the second night at a Japanese ryokan (inn).
Fares – Yen per person
■ 4 Days 3 Nights Course fares
|Train room||2nd night accommodation||Fares (yen per person)|
|Ryokan Name||Room type||3 people||2 people||1 person|
|Wasure no Sato
|Deluxe Suite B
|Tenku no Mori||Akane Sasu Oka
Rin'u no Mori
|Deluxe Suite A
■ 2 Days 1 Night Course fares
|Train room||Fares (yen per person)|
|3 people||2 people||1 person|
|Suite (12 rooms)||-||¥180,000||¥330,000|
|Deluxe Suite B (1 room)||¥220,000||¥240,000||¥445,000|
|Deluxe Suite A (1 room)||¥250,000||¥280,000||¥525,000|
*The Suite room selections highlighted in red above are rooms that are reserved for non-Japan based applicants. Two of the 12 Suite rooms on both the 4 Days 3 Nights and 2 Days 1 Night Course are applicable for this special offer on every departure date. Please be aware that applicants wanting to stay in the Deluxe Suites will have their applications placed together with the main Japan-based application pool.
- One of the Suite rooms on the train is wheelchair accessible.
- Please be aware that on some departure days not all rooms will be available for
reservation due to special events etc.
Start and finish station
Hakata station (Fukuoka)
4 Days 3 Nights Course – breakfasts: three, lunches: four, dinners: three.
2 Days 1 Night Course – breakfast: one, lunches: two, dinner: one.
Maximum number of passengers
30 passengers. (Two per Suite x 12, three per Deluxe Suite x 2).
Minimum number of passengers
Planning and implementation
JR Kyushu Cruise Train Tour Desk
All participants must be over 12 years of age to participate.
For more information on the conditions, please see the pdf file containing our travel conditions.
- What time does Internet applications open on the 4th of January 2014?
- One can apply from 10am on the 4th of January 2014.
- How many people can apply in the same application?
- Once can apply for two rooms (two couples) in one application. However, if one does make an application for two couples, the room type will be restricted to Suite rooms, and all passenger names will be required at time of application.
- Is it possible to have a preference for which room we will use on the train?
- One can choose between a Suite room, and a Deluxe Suite room (A or B), but you cannot choose which Suite room you want to stay in. Also, for the second night of the 4 Day 3 Night course, you are not able to make a room preference except for the room types available (as in the fare table).
- Is it possible to participate alone? If so, what is the fare?
- Yes, it is possible to participate alone. Please see the fare table for the fares.
- When participating alone, is it possible to have a preference to share a room?
- No, it is not possible to share rooms with other passengers. If one passenger is going to use one room, then the appropriate fare is required.
- Is it possible to apply, and communicate via E-mail?
- For applicants that are not based in Japan, application must be made via the application form on our website. The application period is from the 4th of January to the 28th of February 2014. As much as possible, all communication will be conducted via E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Is it possible to participate with three people together? What is the fare?
- Yes, it is possible for three people to participate when staying in the Deluxe Suites A or B. However, this will involve the use of a twin bed plus a simple bed (or sofa bed). Unfortunately it is not possible for three passengers to stay in the regular Suite rooms. Please see the fare table for the fares.
- What is included in the fare?
- All rail, bus and other transportation costs/fares incurred during the specified itinerary. Meal costs, sightseeing costs, entertainment, accommodation costs. The 4 Days 3 Nights course includes the costs of staying at a Japanese ryokan on the second night.
- Is it just the 14 dates announced that are able to be booked?
- For the period between August and November 2014, JR Kyushu will plan and implement the following journeys: 4 Days 3 Nights = 7, 2 Days 1 Night = 7, making a total of 14.
- Please note that other dates are being sold to major travel companies. The details of these dates are to be advised.
- Is it possible to change the participant numbers after application?
- It is possible to change the accompanying passengers after application for a fee of 10,000 yen. If one wishes to change all the passengers of one room, then that will be treated as a cancellation. Also, it is not possible to change passengers once the train has started its journey.
- Do you cater to allergies and dietary restrictions?
- Yes, before the journey we ask all passengers to tell us about their allergies and dietary requirements. Based on this information every effort will be made to prepare meals to fulfill these requirements.
* Please contact us at least two months in advance so that we can make efforts to fulfill these requests or requirements.